Friday, April 1, 2011

Yes, we've been quiet...

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and talk about it later....

That's what it's been like the past couple of days.  Life has been a whirlwind of knowing when it's time to take a step back, give attention to what's really important and re-evaluate.  Anything that grows, changes and so, you do what you gotta do!

I'm grateful to have the opportunities that I have!  I spent a little time with family in Charlotte (where I'm from) and gave my #1 fan (my 13 y/o niece some QT!) it was what my soul needed!  Hugged on my mom, laid eyes on my sister and was able to connect with family and friends (the bestie was even home from D.C.!)

But work doesn't necessarily stop just because life calls.  So, with laptop in tow and a very pleasurable experience at The Drury Inn & Suites (Northlake), I had free wifi, complimentary wine/cocktails and food in the evening while I relaxed in the 'Lazy Boy' connecting with clients via Skype, returning emails and my phone rang so much one day, my neice even sighed...that's when I knew, it was time to get quiet again. Did I mention I'm staying at The Drury Inn & Suites ALL the time whenever and wherever I can??!! AWESOME!

When I put in the needed family time, I wined down at night and closed some significant deals for a few clients.  I love negotiations!  So with that, I'm celebrating all the wins in spite of!  Pink Stiletto Valet, Model, Philanthropist and Fashion Expert, Renee Knorr, Color Blind International's stellar Matchmaker, Ming Gregory (WOWSERS!), the brilliantly artistic, Salakida, Author & Humanitarian, Linda Cox, Mr. Hello Beautiful, Dr. Nathaniel Johnson, III, and maybe some newbies to the roster...Jersey Girl Sports (WHOOP!!)  So as you can see, I found a way to still do me while I was doing what needed to be done!

You become quiet to refocus, re-purpose, replenish and sometimes even to do a little 'house-cleaning' *wink*

Special shouts to Sheen Magazine, Modern Luxury Media, Men's Book Atlanta, Inspire Me Today
Until next time....

No comments: